Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The 3 Most Powerful Words In Sales by Jim Meisenheimer

The 3 most powerful words in sales. They are probably not what you think they are.


You see, it's not something most entrepreneurs and professional salespeople give much thought to.


Day in and day out salespeople are focused on making sales and I guess that's the way it should be.


But what if you could make one change in your daily routine, just one minor adjustment that would enable you to run circles around your competition. Would you be interested in that?


The 3 most powerful words in sales are really derived from a contrarian point of view. It has to be contrarian because so many salespeople just don't think about it.


But if you did - your selling results would take off, like a US Shuttle Mission.


Okay - it's time for a confession. I didn't think of these 3 words. Well, actually I did but it was because of something I read.


In one of my recent newsletters I talked about a fabulous golf book I was reading titled, "Fearless Golf."


The 3 key words in this book are, "What's my target?"


Well, that got me thinking, I do a lot of that 'ya know.


How can I apply these 3 golf words to the professional selling environment?


If "What's my target" are the 3 most powerful words for every golfer, especially amateurs like me, how can I transform these words to work for entrepreneurs and professional salespeople?


After thinking about this for 5 nanoseconds, it suddenly dawned on me what the 3 most powerful words in sales would be.


Are you ready?


These 3 words can literally transform your selling effort and take your selling results to the next level - regardless what that is.


So - here they are for you.


The 3 most powerful words in sales are "What's my objective?"


Every day, salespeople get flustered and lose their focus because they are bombarded with interruptions and distractions.


Asking yourself repeatedly throughout the day, "What's my objective," will keep you focused on what you need to be focused on.


For example - what's my objective . . . when . . .


==> Calling for an appointment

==> During my first sales call

==> Asking the right questions

==> Handling the price objection

==> Preparing sales proposals

==> Closing the sale

==> Getting referrals

. . . you get the picture.


Trying to stay focused on "What's my target" when playing golf is like trying to stay focused on "What's my objective" when you're making sales calls.


Of course, it's easy to say and very hard to do.


During every selling day, when you stay focused on "What's my objective," you'll avoid appearing and becoming discombobulated.




Instead your sales prospects and customers will see you as an extraordinary and focused sales professional.


The 3 most powerful words in sales are "What's my objective?"


Now you know them, I hope you'll use them every selling day.


Remember - the 3 most powerful words in sales are, "What's my objective?"


About
The Author:


Make sure you check out Jim's Sales Trailblazer program: http://salestrailblazer.com




Jim is a
Sales Strategist and is the creator of No-Brainer Selling Skills.
He shows salespeople and entrepreneurs how to increase sales,
earn more money, have more fun, and how to do it all in less
time. His focus is on practical ideas that get immediate results.
He offers Advanced Sales Management Workshops, Sales Coaching,
Consulting, In-house Sales Training Programs, and a wide variety
of Learning Tools i.e. books, special reports, sales manuals,
and CDs.Jim Meisenheimer
is a member of The National Speakers Association, where he earned
the C.S.P. designation, Certified Speaking Professional. He
has authored five books including, "The 12 Best Questions
To Ask Customers,"
and the recently published “57
Ways To Take Control Of Your Time And Your Life”.


Websites: http://www.startsellingmore.com/

http://www.meisenheimer.com/


 

No comments:

Post a Comment